Thursday, July 29, 2010

Samples Wild Flowers

I love summer and being able to pick wild flowers and Herbs and then make beautiful bouquets and arrangements to post on our Blog. I enjoy being inspired by my surroundings and dreaming up fun and creative ideas and then implementing them.



For this bouquet and companion centerpieces the yellow and pale pink/lavender Allium flowers first inspired me. I have not really seen Allium like these. You know that Allium is an onion right?


Anyway, most of the time, the Allium you see are a pom pom shape. The large type is called Gigantum and the smaller are called drumstick. I am not sure what other colors they come in. I must find out.


I think the flowers are adorable and enhance the “wild flower look” I was trying to achieve. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the chance to get some of the other wild flowers I love and have used in some of the other photos.


I wanted to use Cosmos, Scabiosa flowers; Scabiosa Pods would also be nice.

For this bouquet and the matching centerpieces, I wanted to use dainty delicate flowers rather then something like Zinnia. Another nice flower that would work but are not wild flowers would be Garden Roses. A soft color like an ivory or pale peach.


 Regardless, I love this bouquet for its simplicity and natural look. Here we used yellow and lavender Allium senescens ssp. glaucum small, late flowering rhizomatous onion, Sage, Queen Anne’s Lace, Dusty Miller, black Scabiosa flowers, Thyme, Tarragon, Dill ,Scented Geranium, flowering Mint, Variegated Ivy, flowering Oregano, flowering Verbena (little purple flowers) and Euphorbia –the green and white stripped leaves, also known as Snow on the Mountain. See detailed photo


For the centerpieces, I really wanted to highlight some of our interesting containers. For this first photo, I found a modern thick green tinted square glass.




The second photo is in a concrete square for those “green” conscious people and the last photo is in a “bulb” or “garden box”. It comes in a few sizes. I love this container too because many styles work.






No comments:

Post a Comment